View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 4

Prayer to Walk with Christ Today

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Please let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout my day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Simple Thanks

For our restful sleep at night,
for the rain and sunshine bright,
For the love that Thou dost send,
For our homes and for each friend,

For the day and all its pleasures,
Grateful thanks I render now.
May our lives pass on the blessings,
None can give to us, but Thou.
Amen.

Hope

Father, You have blessed us with Your grace and peace, strength and confidence, so that we can fulfill our God-given destinies. When You open a door, no one can close it, and when You close it, no one can open it. Thank You for the plans You have for us. You have given us hope and a good future. We lean not unto our own understanding; we remember You in all we do, and we will have good success in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Revelation 3:7-8; Jeremiah 29:11; Proverbs 3:5-6

God our Father, extend our horizons, widen our vision, and remind us how inter-connected we areas your sons and daughters. Breathe your Spirit into us that we may live more truly as brothers and sisters who care for one another. Amen.

You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant. Hebrews 12:22–24a, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you have redeemed us and that we may feel united with your holy ones, those in heaven and those on earth who are gathered around Jesus Christ, a people growing in number and strength from year to year. We thank you that we too belong to them, and we ask you to keep our hearts aware of this unity so that we may be joyful, redeemed people who find ever greater deliverance, full of praise and thanks, full of certainty and joy. Grant this to us, for we are your people, born out of your power as Savior and gathered for the sake of your kingdom. Guard your gifts and your powers within us. Continue your redemption of the whole world until joy floods through our whole being and we can praise you for the life you have already given us here on earth. Amen.

Dear Lord, I don't feel I express how much I love that you are in my life. Please know that my heart and soul belong to you. Thank you for all you have done.

Thank you, Father for another new day that we can praise and worship You. Remind us today that apart from your love there is no harmony with one other. It is in you that we find love, healing, and forgiveness. If we carry offenses, and unforgiveness, then our heart is bitter and it is evident in our behavior and words. You promised us that if we will live our lives according to your word, we would enjoy the fruits of love, peace, joy, contentment, and perfect rest. Forgive us today and help us to trust your word of truth. Restore broken relationships as we each begin with ourselves, seeking Your forgiveness and healing.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that when we come to You, we can be set free of any character traits that are not like You. Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I do not allow any angry words to come out of my mouth. Lord, help me not to yield to a contentious attitude nor have an argumentative spirit. May I be a kind and loving person that is a peacemaker. Help me to speak gracious things and to be a good witness in all that I say and do. May I always love and do good to my loved ones all the days of my life. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: