View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #543
melonina

Hello everyone! I'm new here

So my story...
I started drinking a lot when my first business got bankrupt. I just didn't know what to do and I was too weak to tell anyone about what's troubling me or ask for help. Well, my habbits lasted for about 4 years until I realized that I'm living a disguisting life. I always thought that I'm better than this and always loathed alcoholics. Funny to say, I was an alcoholic myself. I noticed that I can't wait till work hours are over, so I could come back fome where a bottle of wine is waiting for me. I drank in the evenings, drank during the weekends, birthdays, parties, dinner... Basically I was sober for just a few hours a day.
So one day I just decided that it's enough. I found some information on the Internet, bought a few books to guide me and started to reduce. I was scared that if I go cold turkey, I might suffer very major side effects. Because I drank a LOT. And I was scared to go to a doctor or AA.
I then started to establish a routine. I tried not to be at home in the evenings, because that was too risky. And if I get bored, I'll start drinking. I joined yoga classes, started cycling and jogging. Oh God, that was so difficult. I haven't done anything physical from when I was in college. But eventually, it worked for me. I managed to keep myself distracted enough to not start drinking again, and when I came back home from the classes I was too tired to even stand.
In the end it all woked out okay. I tried to take care of myself and eventually I told my mom and a few friends about my guilty pleasures. I never thought that I have such amazing and understanding people around me. I never been so close to my mom before and I don't want to go back to that dark place again. It gives me goosebumps to even think about it now. However, it's not that easy to get rid of negative thoughts as it seems.
I'm sober for a year now and proud of it

Give me a shout if you want an advice or something, I'll be more than happy to share the methods I used to motivate myself

Thnak you. Have a nice day! Xx
melonina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to melonina For Sharing: