Thread: Chicken
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I was looking at a magazine in the doctor's office today. They had taken homemade chicken vegetable soup and I would have thickened it with cornstarch, they probably used flour, put some in a pie plate and covered it with store bought pastry.

I don't like celery raw or to eat but don't mind the flavour. I put it in bigger chunks so I can see it and pick it off my plate.

Any veggies would do, I also like to add parley and sometimes rosemary.

I generally get chicken breast bones for soup as I don't like the dark meat, even in soup.

Today I was feeling like comfort food but didn't have the energy to cook anything.

Was raised on a 199 acre farm, 1 acre donated to Medonte Township for a school and yard. Did all of the above. When we moved to the farm when I was 6, there was no electricity or running water. I remember carry coal oil lamps and buckets of water from the well (fed by 7 springs) in the farm yard. We had a huge garden, grew our own and picked wild strawberries and raspberries. We too had a pig, rabbits, chickens, geese, and raised beef cattle. The dairy farm was my uncles' 300 acre farm. Couldn't wait to leave it and now I wish I had it to go home to.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote