View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 01:19 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
First of all, I am trying to speak American!

Secondly, I was doing a Zen meditation and asked if it was possible to find a common denominator, so that everyone could find common ground and identify and the word I got was "Wishful thinking!"

Our mind is the wish-fulfilling tree-whatsoever you think, sooner or later it is fulfilled.

This was followed by the word "Challenge."

Misery only means that things are not fitting with your desires-and things never fit with your desires, they cannot. Things simply go on following their nature.

My sponsor told me to look at "problems" as challenges. Something to be overcome and to work on. And the "Piece de la resistance" was the word "Accident."

Quote:
It is not a certain sequence of causes that brings enlightenment. Your search, your intense longing, your readiness to do anything-altogether perhaps they create a certain aroma around you in which that great accident becomes possible. - Osho
Looks like I may have to 'stink' up the place a little to get everyone's attention.

Hey people, we are family. We have travelled different road to get here. It is my understanding that we have one goal, one destination and that is recovery. It doesn't matter the substance, it doesn't matter the trauma and difficulties you overcame to get here, it doesn't matter what stood in your way of getting here sooner, the important thing is - you are here!

We can do what I can't. God Bless.
This is a post I made on another site after doing a reading with my meditation cards and my interruption of them.

Progress, not perfection. It is hard to believe that I wrote this 10 years ago.

It is still true, the substance is but a symptom of my disease. We picked up what ever was hand and convenient to escape our reality to take us out of ourselves because we didn't like where we were at and didn't want to look at ourselves. It was so much easier to blame others, even the world for all our problems. We were so hard done by and we didn't know how to handle life without the use of drugs in one form or another.

I am not as bad as him or her. We compared instead of identifying. We kept our secrets, we hid in the closet and we thought people didn't know, when in fact, we were the last to know that we needed help and we could do it by ourselves.

Help me to reach out to others today. I have the disease of alcoholism, an allergy of the body and an obsessive compulsive disorder that keeps telling me that I need more.

We make the decision to quit, one day at a time. We suggestion you pick up the phone, call your local AA help line and ask for help. Go to your nearest meeting, you don't have to be sober, but it helps.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote