Thread: Step Three
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

We are now at Step Three: Many of us said to our Maker, as we understood Him: "God, I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do thy will always."

When I walked through the doors, I took Step One. As I continued to go to meetings, I came to and realized how drugs, alcohol and men weren't my problem. I was. I came to believe that the program would work for me. I had to find a Higher Power, a source outside of myself to give me the guidance and the direction I need to live my life clean and sober.

I lived my life through other people. I was always looking for validation and affirmation for my right to be. Through the grace of God and the Fellowship of the Spirit, it is okay to be me. I can make the decisions I need for my own health and well being. All I had to do was be honest, keep an open mind, and be willing to do what it takes to get through this twenty-four hours.

My best thinking and actions got me to the doors of recovery. Each morning I do the 3-Step Waltz. I] I can't, II] God can, III] Just for today, I make the decision to let Him.

Quote:
In all times of emotional disturbance or indecision, we can pause, ask for quiet, and in the stillness
This is a very empowering statement for me. It is so easy to get caught up in chaos and allow my brain to chatter when I am trying to make a decision. It gets busy with the "should I?" "could I?" "Yes!" "No!" and this Step tells me to still my mind, listen for the quiet and the answers will come to me. I can't hear if I am so busy caught up on the outside to listen to the inside.

Post made by me on Step Three on another site in 2005

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote