View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, December 19, 2014

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Work Roles

How easy it is to dive into roles at work. How easy it is to place other people in roles. Sometimes, this is necessary, appropriate, and expedient.

But we can also let our self-shine through our role.

There is joy in giving our gift of skill at work, at giving ourselves to the task at hand so thoroughly that we experience an intimate relationship with our work. There is joy when we create or accomplish a task and can say, "Well done!"

There is also joy when we are our self at work, and when we discover and appreciate those around us.

The most unpleasant, mundane task can be breezed through when we stop thinking of ourselves as a robot and allow ourselves to be a person.

Those around us will respond warmly when we treat them as individuals and not job defined roles.

This does not mean we need to become inappropriately entangled with others. It means that, whether we are an employer or an employee, when people are allowed to be people who perform tasks instead of task performers, we are happier and more content people.

Today, I will let myself shine through my task at work. I will try to see others and let them shine through too - instead of looking only at their tasks. God, help me be open to the beauty of others and myself at work. Help me maintain healthy relationships with people at work.
Saw this and thought, "Oh dear, and here I am late again." Went to bed early at 11 p.m. and was up and down three times, have been up and downstairs and just now starting to post. The nice thing is that I know that my spirit will be revived as a result of not just posting the readings but reading them. Last night I had to do a major meditation because of muscle spasms and cramping which prevented me from not only typing but walking and sleeping. I can't, my God can. I found the more I tried to fix and find the solution, the worse it got. I had to let go and release. I was getting more tense worrying about the cause and affect than the solution. Like "Duh! I know that!" How easy it is to forget when you are caught up in something. It felt like not only my body was twisted but my brain too!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote