View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, May 2, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Commitment

Our commitment to OA is total. The program is not something we pick up and put down according to whim. Abstinence is not a diet that we go on and off as it pleases us. Perhaps a seeming inability to commit ourselves to anything permanently has been one of our problems in the past. If so, we are now all the more aware of the necessity for genuine, total commitment to this program.

Most of us tried just about everything else before we came to OA. We may even have tried OA previously and left, thinking that there must be an easier way. Now we are desperate because we know that there is no other way for us. Our recovery depends on our willingness to commit ourselves honestly to the OA program and to work it day by day to the very best of our ability.

When we are firmly committed to the Twelve Steps and the OA principles, we are able to apply them to all aspects of our daily lives with astonishing results.

Strengthen my commitment, Lord.
Wouldn't be clean and sober today if I was't committed to the program. No matter what is going on in my life, I know that my God is with me and I have the tools of the program to deal with each situation as it comes.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote