View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, May 4, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Food Is Not Enough

Food is fine, as far as it goes, but it doesn't go far enough. We need our three meals a day, planned according to the requirements for healthy nutrition, but we do not live by food alone.

We need close contacts with friends. We need to be involved in productive work and stimulating activities. We need to serve in the areas where we are best qualified. We need to use our God given talents and abilities rather than sitting on them. Especially, we need the spiritual qualities of faith, hope, and love.

In the past, we may have given up on "religion." Through the OA program, we have found that our Higher Power did not give up on us. He has led us to this plan of recovery and is offering each of us the possibility of a richer, fuller life. God never intended us to be satisfied with physical food and material things. He daily offers us much more.

Fill my spirit, I pray.
Today I was sharing with a lady in laundry. "Stuff" doesn't fill the void, I need to fill it with spiritual food.

When I find myself reaching out, and I am thinking more, I know that I am in my disease.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote