Old 04-02-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, April 2, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

It is wealth to be content.

—Lao-tzu

On the evening of the first day of spring, a woman gave her husband a bright red geranium in a clay pot. To celebrate, he placed it on the windowsill, and together they marvelled at the delicate petals.

In the harsher light of morning, though, the man frowned at the geranium and said to his wife, "How shabby it makes the sofa look." They spent the day at the furniture store and came home with a new couch, blue with red flowers, like the geranium. They placed the couch in front of the windowsill and admired together its grace and line and fashionable upholstery.

But the next morning, the man frowned at the couch and said, "How shabby it makes the carpet look." Soon they had a lavish new carpet, which led to new curtains, lamps, and chairs. When the room was completely redone, they set the geranium back in the window and surveyed the finest room in the neighborhood. The man frowned. "The geranium," he said, "it's out of place. It will have to go."

Will I be able to appreciate life's simple pleasures today?
There are priceless gifts out there if I take the time to look for them. Try a smile, it will surprise you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote