View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 04:22 AM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, April 12, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.
—Wendell Berry

Blessed are all birds and animals, the wildest beasts, and, yes, all serpents, too, for they live in nature, in a state of natural grace. They live beyond the rules of evil and good. Their instincts are obedient only to the laws of survival, growth, and health. And as their lives unfurl in obedience to these laws, they suffer no shame, regret, or sin. Nor do they curse their failures, or themselves.

We can learn much from them. They harbor no evil toward one another, and they trust their own inner sense of how to live, and that their Higher Power makes sure everything which befalls them is for the best. Yes, they are blessed, and so are we, the highest animal.

What guilt can I free myself from today, just by letting go?
Guilt is often projected onto others and we allow ourselves to take it on. So often old tapes trip us up, and we feel guilty for things said and done. It is the past and I do not have to carry it in today. That was then, this is now, and all I have to do is send my God a knee-mail and ask for healing and forgiveness. Instead of carrying around those old tapes, make new ones. It is not always my job, my fault, my responsibility, etc. ¨It is though, if I take it on and if I do not recognize what is mine and what is not.¨ Just because it is said, doesn't make it true or that it is your truth.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote