View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love the topic Janbear. Thanks for sharing ladies.

Mine isn't born of spiritual origin. I worked for Mr. Surplus Stores, and I was in charge of the warehouse and the office when the boss was away. The boss brought his son in to work in the warehouse, and he proceeded to tell me what to do and how to do it. Needless to say, that didn't go down well. Especially when his staff came to me for help, when he wasn't there, and expressed a desire to have me back on the job, which really fed the ego.

One day I was doing payroll, and had a migraine. I was sitting in the bosses office with the lights dim, and they had music playing in the warehouse. I asked the younger brother, to ask his brother to turn down the music. I could hear his reply, "Tell her Majesty, that when I finish here, I will do it." I was annoyed, and yet I found it funny. The boss had make key tags to wear at work. It asked us to put our rank, and I wished that I had thought of "Her Majesty" when they were being made.

I used the name to remind myself of how I can be when I get into Self. It reminds me that Step 7, says to be humble, open to learning, and remembering that I am not the power. When I surrender my day to my Higher Power, I am empowered to do what I need to do in today, to stay clean and sober.

It also reminds me that in today, I am a somebody, no longer a nobody, which I believed for many years.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: