View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 04:53 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

August 5

Lost Faith
"The here and now was good enough for us. The will to win would carry us through.
But then alcohol began to have its way with us.
Finally, when all our score cards read 'zero,' and we saw that one more strike
would put us out of the game forever, we had to look for our lost faith.
It was in A.A, that we rediscovered it. And so can you.”
- 12 Steps & 12 Traditions, p. 29

Thought to Ponder
Faith is our greatest gift; its sharing with others our greatest responsibility.

AA-related 'Alconym'
F A I T H = Facing All, Intuitively Trusting Him.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Fellowship
"The fellowship I found in AA enabled me
to face my problem honestly and squarely.
I couldn't do it among my relatives,
I couldn't do it among my friends.
No one likes to admit they're a drunk,
that they can't control this thing.
But when we come into AA,
we can face our problem honestly and openly.
I went to closed meetings and open meetings.
And I took everything that AA had to give me.
It was at that point I reached surrender."
1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 340

Thought to Consider . . .
We honor the spirit in other people when we listen to them.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
C A R E = Comforting And Reassuring Each other.

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Everybody Gains
Tradition Eight: Alcoholics Anonymous should remain nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
It is significant, now that almost no A.A. in our Fellowship breaks anonymity at the public level, that nearly all these
fears have subsided. We see that we have no right or need to discourage A.A.'s who wish to work as individuals in
these wider fields. It would be actually antisocial were we to forbid them. We cannot declare A.A. such a closed
corporation that we keep our knowledge and experience top secret. If an A.A. member acting as a citizen can become
a better researcher, educator, personnel officer, then why not? Everybody gains, and we have lost nothing. True, some
of the projects to which A.A.'s have attached themselves have been ill-conceived, but that makes not the slightest
difference with the principle involved.
1981, AAWS, Inc., Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 171

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"What has happened in the past is just that -- the past! What I should have done about certain issues no longer
matters. What I do now is of greatest concern."
Williamsville, June 2010
"Able to Dream,"
AA Grapevine

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"More than most people, the alcoholic leads a double life. He is very
much the actor. To the outer world he presents his stage character.
This is the one he likes his fellows to see. He wants to enjoy a
certain reputation, but knows in his heart he doesn't deserve it."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 73~

“Whatever our ideal turns out to be, we must be willing to grow toward it. We must be willing to make amends where
we have done harm, provided that we do not bring about still more harm in so doing.”
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 69

“Having been granted a perfect release from alcoholism, why then shouldn’t we be able to achieve by the same means
a perfect release from every other difficulty or defect? This is a riddle of our existence, the full answer to which may be
only in the mind of God.”
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 64

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Letter to Dr. Carl Jung:
'Most conversion experiences, whatever their variety, do have a common denominator of ego collapse at depth. The individual faces an impossible dilemma.
'In my case the dilemma had been created by my compulsive drinking, and the deep feeling of hopelessness had been vastly deepened by my doctor. It was deepened still more by my alcoholic friend when he acquainted me with your verdict of hopelessness respecting Rowland H.
'In the wake of my spiritual experience there came a vision of a society of alcoholics. If each sufferer were to carry the news of the scientific hopelessness of alcoholism to each new prospect, he might be able to lay every newcomer wide open to a transforming spiritual experience. This concept proved to be the foundation of such success as A.A. has since achieved.

Prayer for the Day: "God, I admit my powerlessness and the unmanageability of my life. Help me live with others as an equal, dependent upon you for direction and strength."
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote