View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 06:44 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default When All is Said and Done

Today’s Scripture: "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27, NKJV)

When All is Said and Done

So many people live life worried about what everyone else thinks and wondering how they can impress other people. But we have to realize that when we come to the end of life, we’re not going to stand before people to give an account of our lives, we are going to stand before Almighty God. He is not going to say, “Why didn’t you do what so-and-so said to do? Why didn’t you fit into their mold? Why didn’t you take their opinion?” No, He is going to ask, “Did you become who I created you to be? Did you stay true to what I put in your heart?”

This is where Saul missed it. Saul had a big destiny. God had great things in his future, but Saul was so insecure that he let people squeeze him into their mold. He was afraid he was going to disappoint somebody. He said in First Samuel 15:24, “I disobeyed the Lord’s instructions because I was afraid of the people, so I did what they asked.” Notice Saul knew what to do. He even admitted it, “I disobeyed God’s instructions.” Why? He was a people pleaser. He forfeited his destiny in order to please people. Friend, don’t let that be you! Don’t be a people pleaser, be a God pleaser because pleasing God is all that matters when all is said and done!

A Prayer for Today: "Father God, today I set my heart and mind on pleasing You. Help me to break away from the snare of people pleasing. Help me to stand strong against criticism and learn to walk in love always. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Joel Osteen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links