View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Went to a treatment center, it was a good foundation to build my recovery on. It wasn't enough to stay sober on, I needed to continue going to meetings. I knew I was an addict, went to NA for validation, yet because I only tried street drugs twice (got a resentment because they made me lose my booze) and people didn't see me as an addict. I went to AA for my denial. I found that I had one reason to go to AA, one reason to go to NA, and I had 3-33 reasons to go to Al-Anon.

Almost all of my issues started in my childhood. I went to Adult Children of Alcoholics and was so glad that I had gone to AA first, or I would have stayed in my denial. I could really relate to their literature.

I also went to counselling later, most helped a lot, one Doctor said one thing, but her appearance, manner, and body language told a different story. If you have recovery show it, she did not. Not the kind of sobriety (soundness of mind) that I wanted for myself.

Always knew I was an addict, no matter what I picked up, my drug of choice in the moment was always more.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote