View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

A WINNER OVER LOSS

"Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief." Psalm 31:9

"He will also report that out of every season of grief or suffering, when the hand of God seemed heavy or even unjust, new lessons for living were learned, new resources of courage were uncovered, and that finally, inescapably, the conviction came that God does 'move in a mysterious way His wonders to perform.'" The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105

For what it's worth: For years, I had no way of dealing with grief other than drinking for oblivion. Thanks to God's mercy, during sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous, I have dealt with personal losses without alcohol, and I have seen how God uses suffering to provide spiritual growth. However, during the agony, trusting is difficult, and I easily question when the courage and conviction will return. It is then I must go to my Heavenly Father, humbly and honestly talk with him about how I feel, and beg His help. In His time, not mine, again He will make me a winner over loss.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: