View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

MY BEST DECISION

"Priests and prophets stagger from beer and are befuddled with wine; they reel from beer, they stagger when seeing visions, they stumble when rendering decisions." Isaiah 28:7

"In fact, the effectiveness of the whole A.A. program will rest upon how well and earnestly we have tried to come to 'a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.'" Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 34

For what it's worth: No decent decision was ever made when I was drinking. It may have seemed right at the time, but alcohol always deceived me. Only after being free from alcohol in Alcoholics Anonymous was I able to make healthy decisions. Fortunately for me, guidance was available by listening to members share and watching the example of their lives. This was the action that brought me to the best decision of my life, surrendering my will and my life to my Heavenly Father. Now, I make that same decision every day.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: