View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #11
yukonm
Administrator

December 11

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

One of the things you can learn right now is that it is OK not to have all of the answers. For the first time in a long time, no one expects you to know anything. Enjoy it!

Let me know it is OK to not be strong. It is OK to rely on my Higher Power.

Forgiving and Moving On

As I work through the blocks in the way of my own serenity I find that I consider forgiveness as a way to release the residue of resentment and pain that live inside me from unresolved issues from the past. As I put more and more energy into my own personal growth, I find that I value my own peace of mind more than holding onto anger and hurt. I find I want to lay the sword down. It becomes too heavy in my hand, the weight of carrying it encumbers my own freedom. Today, the present I will give myself is forgiveness.

I am ready to consider forgiveness

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

The consequences of being dishonest, of being a liar, is not so much that others will not believe you, as it is that you can not believe others.

'Does what I gain by lying balance out the integrity I lose?' (P 54, CDA First Edition)

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Surrender, don't quit.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

The world can not change overnight, nor can I. Just one step at a time, one day at a time, I'm exactly where I need to be to get to exactly where I am going. I trust this process today.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Self Will: An alkie ship's captain at night sees a light dead ahead, on collision course and sends a signal; 'Change your course, 12 degrees west.' A signal comes back; 'Change your's 12 degrees east.' The captain begins to get angry; 'I'm a captain.' The reply: 'I'm a seaman, 2nd class.' The captain is furious now: 'I'm on a destroyer, change your course, and call me sir!' The reply; 'I'm on a lighthouse, your call.. sir.' - Jack K. (Amended)

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote