View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The Serenity Prayer Broken Down (a bit differently)

GOD ....
With the saying of this word I am admitting the existence of a Higher Power; a being far greater than I.

GRANT...
With the repeating of this second word I am admitting that this Higher Power is an authority who can bestow and give.

ME....
I am asking something for myself. The Bible states that if I ask, I shall be given. It is not wrong to ask for betterment of myself for with the inprovement of my character, people around me will be made happier.

SERENITY..
I am asking for calmness, composure, and peace in a life which will enable me to think straight and govern myself properly.

TO ACCEPT..
I am resigning myself to conditions as they are right now.

THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE..
I am accepting my lot in life as it is. Until I have the courage to change any part of my life I don't like, I must accept it and not accept it grudgingly.

COURAGE...
I am asking for conditions to be different.

TO CHANGE...
I am asking for a quality of spirit to face conditions without flinching.

THE THINGS I CAN..
I am asking for help to make the right decisions. Everything is not perfect in my life. I must continue to face reality and constantly work towards continued growth and progress.

WISDOM..
I am asking for the ability to form sound judgments in any and all matters.

TO KNOW..
I want to be able to understand clearly, truths of facts.

the DIFFERENCE...
I want to see things differently in my life so there can be some distinction. I need to sense a definite value in love over selfishness.

~ anonymous

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote