View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Faith

by Gail Rodgers

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade – kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by Gods’ power…

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith – of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire – may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.” 1 Peter 1: 3-7

prayer to action this in my life:

Father God,
Today, in spite of how I feel and what is going on around me, I want to give you praise. I want to thank you for the living hope I have because of my new life in You. I want to praise you for the power that is at work in my life, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead – resurrection power that can also bring life back into the areas of my life that feel dead today.

I thank you also for the inheritance you have for me, riches from the heart of the Father to strengthen me today. Riches that cannot be touched by slowing economies and falling stock markets. Riches that go beyond finances, health and circumstances. Riches that you keep for me, your child. Thank you that, by my faith, I am shielded by your power. What an amazing thought Lord! By my faith I am shielded by your power!

Today, Father, my faith feels weak. The trials that you have said will come in life are here and they are trying my faith. It’s hard to rejoice right now Father. I want my faith to grow. I realize that it is the most important thing in my life… more important than all my resources, more important than my bank account. You are more concerned about my faith than about any other thing… for my faith is my shield!

Father God, I declare my faith in You! Though it is only the size of a small mustard seed I will hang on to it with tenacity. Guard my heart today by the power of the Holy Spirit. Shelter my faith and prove it genuine in my life. I lift up my heart and I choose to greatly rejoice that you will increase my faith… prove my faith genuine… and shield me by your power today! “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!”
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote