View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Bill's disease is why Al-Anon was established. Lois had to learn to live with Bill and his disease or leave him. She chose to stay.

I am just glad that Bill lived and stayed sober long enough to start the program with Dr. Bob who was addicted to pills, to start the program and write the Big Book with 100 other people. There were very few women back then, they didn't believe a woman could be an alcoholic unless she was a rubbie. Even if she was, it was up to her to decide if she qualified for the program. We are an alcoholic or a drug addict when we say we are. Many take people's inventory, I had a sponsee who first went in her teens. She qualified but few believed her. She went back out and came back later, still she felt that people judged her. She got drunk on half a beer. She didn't stop there though. A good friend of mine got drunk on 2 beers. She was still running around and being her obnoxious self at 20 beers and she would say, "OK Kitchen, how are your darts today?" She would never play sober. We often played darts with our husbands, and my hubby and I won 3 out of 5 times. It was ironic, i figured my hubby was drunk and didn't really want to play with him and figured I was sober, and yet I matched him drink for drink. God help his soul if he had a drink and didn't buy me one. If someone bought him a drink, it was his duty to buy me one. He had the problem after all, not me. I'm not an alcoholic. LOL!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote