View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

These are good my friend, I generally run out of time when it comes to the other readings.

I found myself sharing with a taxi driver the other day. Not sure how we got there, but felt that it was meant to be. I told him that I had sponsored two gay guys, I said being gay had nothing to do with their alcoholism. I ended up co-sponsoring until they found someone who they could talk their gay issues with. They had to get clean and sober, to find who they were and do Steps 4-9, with someone who had an understanding.

I sponsored another young guy who lived in Quebec. He said, "I don't care if people look at me funny because I have Jo as my sponsor, I want what she has." So many people can be judgmental. At my advise, he found a male sponsor when he was 3 months sober.

This is a loving, forgiving, and caring program. Don't care if a guy wears a white, blue or pink shirt, his shirt doesn't keep him clean and sober and didn't make him use. Even though I don't like pink shirts on any man, that doesn't stop me from reaching out to another sick and suffering alcoholic/addict.

They had the same disease that I had. All I could do was share my experience, strength and hope. All we have is that daily reprieve, no matter what our colour, creed, beliefs, etc. are. It is all one day at a time, no matter what age or where there journey has taken them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: