View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 9

HIS LOVING CARE

"We asked His protection and care with complete abandon." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 59

"O Lord, I have come to you for protection. Bend down and listen to me; rescue me quickly." Psalm 31: 1&2

For what it’s worth: Praying became foreign to me during my alcoholic drinking. I was not about to ask God for anything. I was afraid of Him. I had betrayed Him too often. I did not realize, however, how agonizing alcoholism would become. Finally, there was no one else to go to for relief. God did not require I beg and plead with Him, I merely acknowledged my need for Him, and He rescued me from the disease and despair of alcoholism. Since then, God has repeatedly proven His loving care. Therefore, when hard times arrive, I need not waste time figuring out how I am going to deal with reality, or in any way doubt God; I just take it to my Heavenly Father and He lets me know what I am to do; and, He does the rest. He even gives me strength to do my part.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: