View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 10

WITH THE LORD ABOARD

"They saw Jesus walking on the water, and coming towards the boat, and they were terrified... But He spoke to them, 'Don't be afraid: it is I myself." So they gladly took him aboard, and at once the boat reached the shore they were making for. John 6:20-21

"I'm afraid to go out the door." Alcoholics Anonymous, page157

For what it's worth: Many forms of fear ruled every day of my drinking. I would not acknowledge them until sober in Alcoholics Anonymous. Even then I was afraid of opening the door to the Fourth Step. After a number of attempts my sponsor told me to back off to the Third Step. Once I finally trusted my Higher Power was aboard with me, we were ready to work the Fourth Step, and, immediately thereafter, the Fifth Step. From then on, with the Lord in command, we are headed for the sober shore of peace and happiness. When storms erupt, we are swamped by heavy waves and forced off course - if I try to take charge.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: