View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, November 4, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

How Much Is Enough?

We continue to weigh and measure our food when we are maintaining as well as when we are losing. Since we are compulsive overeaters, we do not have a built in concept of how much food is enough. Exact measurements relieve us of the anxiety of deciding how much is enough. Since we are experts at rationalizing extra amounts, we do not allow ourselves to estimate portions when scales and measuring cups are available.

For the compulsive overeater, no amount of food is enough. We make a rational decision about our food plan for the day, basing the decision on the objective nutritional requirements of our body rather than subjective emotional cravings. We give this food plan to a qualified sponsor, which prevents us from getting lost in endless preoccupation and anxiety about what we are going to eat.

When we conscientiously follow the abstinence guidelines, we can rest secure in the knowledge that we have eaten the right amount of food.

May I be satisfied with enough.
A good thought! Enough for some, may not be enough for someone else. Trying to define another and being judge and jury, doesn't work. I have problems judging what is good for me, how can I know what is right for someone else. All I can do is share what worked for me and the any awareness I achieved over the years.

It is about self-honesty. What is good for me, for my size, for my health and well being.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote