Thread: Fun
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
LookingOut

I try to do things sober that I used to have to be drunk to do. We do not go out very often, but at my husbands work Christmas party, we danced and danced and I did not care what I looked like. I was not embarrassed at all because I was sober and knew I would not do something utterly stupid or embarrassing.

Usually, my fun is more simple. Spend time with family. Watch a good TV show. Take my dogs out and run around with them like a child. Enjoy a good meal or a good dessert. Do some light exercise. We do not get to church much, so I enjoy it very much when we go together. I enjoy my Bible study and prayer group.

I am trying to learn to do things sober that I thought I had to drink to do. I "drink" in the fun I have in sobriety, knowing it is true and real and I will have no black outs and no regrets.

So much of life is difficult. When we have a chance to relax, we should. I do have a lot of anxiety, so it is not easy for me to relax and let go. Jesus has the living water that satisfies. It is there we get the deepest rest and refreshment for our souls.

His peace.