View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Who knows why they are chemically dependent? The answer will not change the fact, and yet many continue to question, why? Indeed, they need an answer, but they are asking the wrong question. The real question is, 'How can I become free? Free of the fear. Free of the pain. Free of the bondage.

I do not receive the right answer when I ask the wrong question.

My sponsor use to say, you have the answers, they are within. As a parent, I found myself back asking the questions. As a daughter, I often questioned and ended up taking responsibility of other people's actions, when they were not mine to take on.

Freedom from the bondage of addiction. It is a family disease. The addict isn't the only one who is a slave to the drug(s). Only through a Power greater than myself, am I able to find that freedom from active addiction, not just to the drug, but to the obsession to fix and make everything better.

The only person I can change is myself. I can pray, and leave it in my Higher Power's Hand. I must remember that my addict has his only Higher Power and I am not it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote