View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing. The only way I could quit was through the spiritual program of AA, then I went to other fellowships, to deal with outside issues.

I would suggest calling an AA help line, phone detox if you are still drinking and have an honest desire to quit.

It is suggested 90 meetings in 90 days, but for me the program doesn`t stop there, it just meant that by then I had a home group, a support system, and a sponsor.

I reached out to the social service counsellor at the YWCA, when I had my awakening, worked with her until she got me into treatment. She started me journaling and looking at myself and what I needed to change. When I went to AA, I thought I had come home even though I was in denial about being an alcoholic. I knew I was an addict, but I just kept that little door open to denial, just in case, so I focused on AA, brought the body and the mind followed. I realized that I used alcohol like I did everything else in my life. She came to my 1 year anniversary and then she let me go, knowing I was in good care. The person that reached out to her is no longer in existence. I will be forever grateful to her and the other people who were put in my path.

Pray for the willingness, courage, strength and direction to do what is good for you. This is a we program, you are no longer alone.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote