Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Acceptance is one of the key ingredients of recovery.

Acceptance that my addiction is a disease.

Acceptance of the disease itself, and that I can only have dail reprieve, dependent on my daily spiritual connection.

Acceptance of the program and it's totality, because half-measures availed me nothing. If they had said, "Sit on a telephone pole for "X" number of hours a day, seven days a week, twelve months a year, from now to whenever, I would do it' if it was what was necessary to stay clean and sober.

Acceptance of the fact that I needed to work and learn to live the steps.

Acceptance that I needed a sponsor and a support group that I couldn't do this recovery thing alone.

Acceptance for myself and others, has only come over "working" the program, one day at a time, since I came into recovery.

Today, I can still have "fat and ugly days" after twelve years of recovery.

Acceptance that this isn't a "fix me" program but a healing program, which allows me to grow and develp as a person, one day at a time.

Acceptance of the fact that I may falter and make mistakes, yet knowing that if I pick myself up, dust myself off, I can start all over again, one day at a time.

Acceptance that it isn't always a physical relapse, but often a mental, emotional and spiritual one.

Acceptance that without you, there is no me! Yet without me, I have nothing!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote