Thread: MIXED BAGGAGE
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

When you consciously invoke growing, you consciously invoke the parts of yourself that are not whole to come into the foreground of your life. With each recurrence of anger, jealousy, or fear, you are given the choice to challenge it, or to give in to it. Each time you challenge it, it loses power and you gain power.

- Gary Zukav

On Oprah, she talked about not giving up your personal power. Just because you are a strong woman, there is no reason to give up a part of yourself for someone else. It is okay to be you. Own your own power. Ironically, she was talking to one of the most powerful woman in the world, Serena Williams.

For so many years, I gave away my personal power. I did not know I had a choice.

Each time I am faced with an old scenario, I am given the choice in recovery as to whether I am going to let it continue to play out in my life or am I going to step up to the plate and challenge it and do what I can do to heal and change things.

When I surrender, I am empowered to do what I need to do for myself. I no longer have to give those old patterns and behaviors the power to rule my life.

Just for today, I take back my power. I am worthy of a new life and a new sense of well being and peace.

When I surrender, I am empowered to do what I need to do today for my sobriety.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote