View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't know if it is because I have celebrated two Thanksgivings and Christmas is on the way, but have had a lot of gratitude.

It seems like I am noticing more and more, the little things in my life and more importantly, remembering to say Thank You.

Each day, I am thankful for being clean and sober. I remember all the years that I struggled and vowed never to do it again, but I did.

How many times, I prayed, "God get me out of this and I will ...."

How many times have I thought, "I don't need help, I can do it on my own."

How many times have I said, "This time it will be different, I will eat, I won't mix my drinks, I will get up and dance instead of sitting and just drinking, etc."

Thank you for being a part of my sobriety. Thank you for those who still struggle for carry the message to me that it isn't any better out there. Thank you to those who make it back in, it affirms that the program is the only way and you give me hope.
Posted in December 2011

They told me in the rooms of recovery when I came in many years ago that AA was the last house on the block. We try so many things, and finally when our score card read zero, we finally went to AA. I could stop, but I couldn't stay stopped. I am so grateful for AA that has allowed me to stop, one day at a time, for 23 years and 7 days.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote