Old 09-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Gratitude

"I'm very grateful to have come to believe."

IP No. 21, "The Loner"

Belief in a Higher Power can make all the difference when the going gets tough! When things don't go our way in recovery, our sponsor may direct us to make a "gratitude list." When we do, we should include our faith in a Power greater than ourselves on the list. One of the greatest gifts we receive from the Twelve Steps is our belief in a God of our own understanding.

The Twelve Steps gently lead us toward a spiritual awakening. Just as our addiction progressed, so does our spiritual life develop in the course of working the program of Narcotics Anonymous. The steps are our path to a relationship with a God of our understanding. This Higher Power gives us strength when our road gets rough.

Are we grateful for our deepening relationship with a Higher Power? Do we remember to thank God for each day clean, no matter what has happened that day? Do we remember that, no matter how deep our despair or how great our joy, the God of our understanding is with us?

Our recovery is a gift, a gift that we sometimes take for granted. Each day we stay clean, we can rejoice in our Higher Power's care.

Just for today: I am grateful for my relationship with a Higher Power that cares for me.

pg. 10
Back to: Just For
A grateful addict will never have a reason to pick up. Lots of excuses, but no reason. I am so grateful that I was given a second chance at life. I had been trying my way for eight years and when I entered the doors of recovery, I found the solution. It was up to me to put it into action.

I am so grateful for the young girl who introduced me to NA literature when in treatment in November 1991. She is no longer with us. She will always be my special angel because she carried the message to me.

I am grateful that I found a Higher Power. I choose to call Him "My God" as He is personal to me. Before God was this distant Being and through the fellowship of the spirit, I was able to bring Him closer and build a relationship with Him.

God was an old tape. He was who other people told me He was. I had to find out who He was to me. I am grateful that He reveals Himself to me each day. As I shared with my son yesterday, God is a He when I need Good Orderly Direction. God is a She when I need tender loving care (Divine Orderly Good), and an It when I need to go within and find my answer. I went on a spiritual journey at a year sober. I am grateful that everywhere I went, God was there. I try to show my gratitude for thanking Him for being a part of my journey. I am grateful that He is always there. It is up to me to acknowledge Him.

I am grateful that you are all a part of my life!

I am grateful to be clean and sober in today.
Posted in 2011.

Still grateful in 2014

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote