View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 5

GIVE THANKS

"I want to keep this life of peace, serenity, and tranquility that I have found." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 199 (Fourth Edition)

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." Psalm 105:1

For what it's worth: Proclaiming God’s injustice was my style. And the idea of a serene and tranquil life was ridiculous. Deep in the despair of my alcoholism, there was no hope I would ever be sober, secure, or saved. Yet, it happened. God allowed me to become fearful and miserable enough to swallow my pride and ask for help. And the power of Alcoholics Anonymous offered me a sober and peaceful life. Even more significantly, Alcoholics Anonymous introduced me to a God, my Heavenly Father, who offers me spiritual security for my daily reprieve, and a shot at salvation. When I think about how undeserving I am and how merciful and loving is my Heavenly Father for giving me this gift, gratitude fills my heart and, at times, tears fill my eyes.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: