View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

Growing In Grace Part 06 - Inject Hope

by Gail Rodgers
The heart of God to us, His children, is so caring and loving. He knew there would be times in our lives when our hearts are down and our spirits depleted. I’m convinced that is why He placed many encouragements in the Bible to help us in just those times.

I read one of them today and it occurred to me that if I followed through on the words of this Scripture it would impact my daily outlook in an incredible way.
Listen to these wise words from Psalm 92:1 & 2…
“It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night.” Psalm 92:1 & 2
God knew that we would need to be encouraged in very practical ways as we walk out the changes and challenges of our days. He said it’s a good thing to praise Him. He not only said it’s good to praise Him and to use music as part of our praise, but He also gives two very practical ways to do it.
Proclaim His love in the morning. Proclaim His faithfulness at night.
Imagine the impact on your daily outlook if you took a few minutes every morning to declare out loud how much the Lord loves you. To look in the mirror as you prepare for your day and thank the Lord for His loving care as you prepare to head into your day. Ask Him to remind you throughout the day of His love.
At night when you lay your head to rest on your pillow imagine the comfort and peace it would bring to recount 2 or 3 ways the Lord showed His faithfulness to you throughout the day. Think of how it would nurture the relationship with your spouse if you recounted these blessings of God’s faithfulness out loud.
To keep our days sandwiched between the morning proclamation of His love over you and the evening declaration of His faithfulness is a sure way to keep your heart in tune with His and to keep your attitudes adjusted throughout the day.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
You know just what I need. And I need to proclaim your love and faithfulness every day. I can so often fade from the deep realization of how much you do love and care for me every day. Open my mind to remember this simple way of praising You. Thank you for holding me close to Your heart today.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: