Thread: Accepting Life
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

"When we accept ourselves, we can accept others into our lives, unconditionally probably for the first time."

IP No. 19, "Self-Acceptance"

This is my favorite NA pamphlet. When I saw that today, I had a little chuckle. I got up today and looked in the mirror and said, "What a hag!" Not a lot of self-acceptance there.

I was sharing with my sponsor earlier and we both agreed, it is all about today. We both feel that we need this program just as much now as we did when we came into the program. She just celebrated 34 years sober last month. I phoned to apologize for missing her anniversary. It isn't wheel chair accessible, but in the past, I have always phoned. As she said, "She needed to hear from me in today, so it is good that I called.

She is 74 years old and I am two months off of being 70, and it was a big thing for both of us to find that self-acceptance. She does Reiki, and taught me a lot about self-healing and about changing my outlook, habit and attitude about life.

I reminded her of when I was 2 years sober and wanting to go to the top of the CIBC building which was newly built and saying, "Hey people, I have found this new way of living, let me tell you all about it." I wanted to tell the world. Here I am in today sharing with the world.

I know in today that I am an addict. That applies to all areas of my life. She has a copy of the Emotions Anonymous book and I hope to get a loan of it one of these days. I did have some pamphlets at one time, not sure if they are around or not. It is the emotional side of my recovery that I need to work on, for me it is the thinking behind the substance I choose to pick up in today. Today, I accept where I am at in today, knowing that all things are subject to change.

These are posts I made on another site.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote