View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A friend of mine from NA always says, "Imagine the worst case scenario and whatever happens, you won't be disappointed."

I find this to be very negative way of thinking and when I am in that space, I draw it onto me. What I project, I get back often in kind. It is so important to stay in the positive. This same friend says, "Oh that is negative, ignore it, don't go there." To me that isn't reality. Negative is just an energy and it is a part of life.

It is what I do with that energy that matters. Can I find a positive in the negative? Is the energy what I need in the moment and if not, what do I do about it. Do I accept it or do I detach from it.

It either is, or it isn't! It is my choice as to what I do with it. Sometimes I just have to accept what is good for someone else is not good for me and visa versa.

A big part of drug addiction is paranoia. I have to make sure that my perception is based in reality. It may be someone else's truth but it doesn't have to be mine.

It was important for me to recognize that I had to look at things from the other person`s perspective. I need to be open to their story, if not, I was acting out in the self-centeredness of my disease. I had to learn to identify, not compare. I had to tell myself, there is no respecter of persons, and if I didn`t do what they did, it doesn`t make me better, it should make me grateful that my disease didn`t take me there. If I continue to use, who knows where I will end up, besides dead.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote