View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
krafty

Default Courage to Change - September 2

[Excerpt]
I don't necessarily hate this disease today, but I do feel fiercely it crippling, powerful presence in my life. I have memories of the damage done to my family, my friends, and myself. I grieve for the loss of love and life that alcoholism has caused. I grieve for the lost years I have spent jumping through the hoops of this disease. I admit that I am powerless over alcohol and that my life has been utterly unmanageable whenever I have grappled with it.
Today's Reminder:
I have suffered many losses as the result of alcoholism. Part of admitting the effects of this disease in my life is admitting my grief. By facing alcoholism's impact on my life, I begin to move out of its grip and into a life of great promise and hope.
It's not easy to admit defeat and give in to that powerful foe, alcoholism. Yet, this surrender is absolutely necessary if we are ever to have sane, happy lives again.
"Courage to Change", page 246, copyright 1992, by Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.
Limited use by express written permission of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0025_t.jpg (2.3 KB, 10 views)
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links