View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This is not AA approved literature, but it carried a message to me.

I had to learn that if I didn't know, it was okay. I had to learn to go within and find the answers that were right for me. Not what someone else told me I should do or think, but what was right for me. I had to learn to not discount myself although all my life I was told my opinions didn't matter; that who was I to know; what made me think someone else wanted to hear what I had to say.

My spiritual adviser told me that if I didn't know the time wasn't right and that when it was, I would be given my own knowingness.

My sponsor told me if I didn't trust myself, I was not trusting the God of my understanding. When I turn my day over to my Higher Power then the way will be made clear to me. I will be given the words, the directions, the thoughts, the actions I needed to live in today.

Some days, it seems I need all 12 Steps to get through. As a woman shared one time, I had to learn to learn and practice the Traditions so I could live long enough to work the Steps. I still apply them daily.

I often had to pray for the willingness to be willing to work the Step in today. Other times, I had to pray for the willingness to be willing to move on to the next one.

Thanks for letting me share.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote