View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

And now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open our eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open our eyes that we may always value and appreciate all who are part of our lives. Open our eyes that we may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open our eyes so that we may share your vision and “really see”. Amen.

With this in mind, then, I kneel in prayer to the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name, that out of the treasures of his glory he may grant you strength and power through his Spirit in your inner being, that through faith Christ may dwell in your hearts in love. Ephesians 3:14–17a, NEB

Lord our God, we have gathered in your sight. We thank you that through your words you have given something of your very self to help us be your disciples, your children, who stand firm in faith and trust throughout our lives, whatever our lot may be. Help us in these times, and when days grow difficult and full of grief, hold your people securely in your hand. Help us to be firmly rooted in faith, however dark it is on earth. You can give us strength and courage; we can do nothing in our human strength. But the power of your Spirit can renew us, make us alert, and fill us with lasting joy. For we are your people, your children, and when held in your hand, we can rejoice in spite of all grief. Amen.

Dear Father, I come to You with a humble heart today, realizing that I need You in my life to help and guide me in all my ways. On my own, I cannot accomplish all the responsibilities that seem to be mine. Please show me my priorities and help me to lay down those things that are not really mine to do. Help me to trust You to take care of the things that I cannot change, and help me to work on those things that are my responsibility to change. I desire to walk in fairness with others. Help me to treat them today as I desire to be treated; realizing that I shall reap what I sow. If I sow seeds of kindness and equity, so shall I reap the same in return. Let me be more Christ-like today through the power of Your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: