View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 3

Prayer of Determination for the Coming Year

Oh heavenly Father, who has created me, and preserved my life, and promised the joy of eternal life to all who come to Him through his only Son, Jesus Christ: I vow and determine to grow in my faith during the coming year, learning your holy Word, coming to you in prayer every day, and resolving to walk in all those good works which you have commanded us to walk in.

Bless me in my endeavors, dear God; if it may please you, send your Holy Spirit always to remind and correct me when I stray from your path; and renew in me, today and every day, a sense of prayer without ceasing. Let me honor you with my time, my love, my bounty, my words and deeds, as I lay up my treasure in heaven. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Thank You for another New Year of New Beginnings. Holy Spirit, I ask you to give me a wise mind and a spirit attuned to God’s will, so I might acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which He works. In the name of Jesus I yield my emotions to Your control, and bring every thought into obedience to the Word of God. I replace negative thoughts with the Word of God, and delight myself in the Living Word knowing that You mean what You say, and what You say goes. Thank You for this powerful Word that is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying me open to listen and obey. I can’t get away from Your Word—no matter what. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path and Your Word never changes!! Amen

Dear Lord, remind me of the paradoxes of the Bible. I am a sinner and yet I am a child of Yours, an adopted son or daughter. Help me to see that in order to "love my neighbor as myself," I must have a proper sense of self-worth, of who I am in Your sight when I have accepted You as my Lord and Savior. Only then can I love others, wanting for them all that I want for myself in Your love, and in my life.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Strength To Obey”

Father, in certain situations I am fearful when I am called upon to take a stand for righteousness. When You compel me like you did Esther to do or say something that’s not within my comfort zone I become fearful of the outcome which prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart. Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading. In my heart take me back to Biblical models of those who stood without compromise and remained faithful no matter the consequence. Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is in Your hands. Thank You for entrusting me to be a part of your grand purpose. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Lord has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. Isaiah 62:11,NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we may go to meet you with open hearts, with jubilant faith, and with this joyful shout, "God's salvation is coming! Through Jesus Christ day is dawning on earth for all nations." Stay with us and help us. Send us your Spirit to strengthen us, especially in times of trouble. Let all nations come before you. Let us tell all peoples, "Be comforted. The salvation of our God, who is also your God, is coming. In this salvation we will rejoice together forevermore to the glory of our God." Amen.

Dear Father, in Jesus' name I thank you for every bit of understanding I have received from Your Word, the Holy Bible. I realize that it is by Your Holy Spirit that I am given the grace to understand this magnificent Book. Thank You for the message of love that comes through its pages and penetrates my heart; a message that brings comfort and love and also a message of correction when I need it. Lord, may I always yield to those "course corrections" and line up with Your Word. I know that when I do I become wiser for it and I am blessed. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: