View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 5

God, Let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Father-God, you are the Living Word. This morning I am overthrowing with a pleasing theme…my tongue is like the pen of a ready writer. My heart is spilling beauty and goodness, shaping the rushing river into words. God, you are real; you are the God who heard my cry, and drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog. You set my feet upon a rock, and made my steps secure. Thank you for putting a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to you, my God. O LORD my God, you multiplied your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward me, and none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.

Lord, I give thanks for the “gold” in my life: for the people who are precious to me, for the happy memories I treasure, and for all that has been good over the years. May all that has been “gold” for me, remind me always to appreciate all who are part of my life. Inspire me, Lord, to live in such a way that I help to bring out the best in others. Amen.

The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. Matthew 4:16, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, be close to us as we seek you in the quiet of our hearts. Grant us the strength of your Spirit, the strength to wait patiently for your help in our lives. Help us to hold to all that is good. Help us to feel, each one of us, that we are your children and that we may rejoice in your fatherly care. May your will be done more and more fully in us and around us. May your will be done so that we may be given ever greater freeing and your light can dawn where there is still darkness. Amen.

Father we begin today with thanksgiving in our heart for a new day. Again as we begin this new year, may we do so by laying a new foundation. You have called us to walk in honor before you. You have called us to set aside our hearts desire and seek yours. You have called us to be light in a world of darkness, yet we continue in serving self. Will you forgive us today, and teach us how to be like You? May we listen to your Holy Spirit within us today and turn from our sinning into a new beginning in You. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote