View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

Prayer for God to Abide with Us

Dear Lord, as I come before you this morning, my spirit is filled with thanks that you have given me a life and filled it with meaning. Knowing that you have a purpose for me is such a gift as I cannot express; even when the world or my own thoughts fill me with feelings of worthlessness, I can turn to you and know, fully certain, that you are in charge and have filled my existence with meaning and purpose I cannot fully understand.

Lord Christ, you promised that if we love you and obey your teaching, you and the Father will make your home with us; I declare my love for you; and there is nothing I want more than to have you live with me, present in my life. Help me to to follow your teaching in every way; for you have given us grace, that by your death and resurrection, we may be perfect before you. Accept my love and be with me, today and always, I pray; not by my merit, but by your grace, oh Christ, oh one true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Strength of my Heart

Strength of my heart, I need not fail,
Not mine to fear but to obey,
With such a Leader, who could quail?
Thou art as Thou wert yesterday.
Strength of my heart, I rest in Thee,
Fulfil Thy purposes through me.
Amen.

by Amy Carmichael (1907)

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

Father, we believe in our hearts that You raised Jesus from the dead, and we confess Jesus is Lord over our spirits, souls and bodies. Father-God, You planted us like strong and graceful oaks for Your own glory, and anointed us to rebuild the ancient ruins… reviving them though they have lain there many generations. We thank You for forgiving all our iniquities and healing all our diseases. We decree that our families and future generations shall come to the knowledge of the Truth and be saved. We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Romans 10:9-10; Psalm 103

Lord God, may all of your creation - from the vastness of mighty planets and stars to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see - remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Amen

“A Prayer To Him Who Sustains All Things”

Father, You sustain all things by Your powerful Word and through Your sovereign control. The natural order of Your creation is the means by which we live day after day, year after year. Just as there are variables in the seasons there are variables in our lives as we walk this pilgrimage on earth. There are bright, clear days in which we feel on top of the world, and there are dark, cold days when we feel our world has come to a halt. But we are encouraged as we look to Your powerful Word that reminds us You are our loving God who sustains us in the variables of our daily circumstances. Because of that we can trust You even in the extremes of life. We thank You in the powerful name of Jesus who is Your exact representation on earth. Amen.

Father, may I have the strength to resist temptation and always walk in Your ways. Lord, Your ways are not grievous, but given to me to help and bless me. May I realize this, when You correct me and not rebel against Your restraints. Give me grace to overcome those things that are not pleasing in Your sight and yield to Your Holy Spirit. I know there is no temptation that I face that You have not made a way for me to escape it and overcome it. You are all powerful and I acknowledge my need for Your help in my time of trial. Thank you, for Your promise of protection and freedom from fear. I am glad You are a caring Father that loves me. I ask these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: