Administrator

January 10

“A Little Prayer”

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,
The hope to do a kindly deed each day;
The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,
The will to worship and the gift to pray;
For all of worth in us, of You a part,
Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.
Amen.

by Robert William Service (1930)

Prayer to Cast Aside Bad Habits

Mighty Holy Spirit, face of the one true God, help me, for I have slipped into bad habits. Something in me defies my attempts to change, and I feel compelled to do that which I do not want to do. I feel weak and ashamed, and I turn to you for help. Help me, dear God. Help me to resist this temptation. Lend me your mighty power to cast it aside.

You have graciously promised that you would not let us be tempted beyond our ability, but instead, would provide an escape for any temptation we pray to resist. Holy Spirit, show me my escape from my bad habit. Let me resolve to work on it, to pray on it, to turn it into a habit of good; for I know how you love righteous conduct, and my love for you longs to please you. Work your power to help me please you, mighty God; for I know that with your help, I can overcome any evil. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Blessing

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

Our most gracious heavenly Father, You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust! You deliver me from the snare of the trapper and from deadly pestilence. ... You have promised that Your faithfulness will be my shield, and You are indeed trustworthy. ... Remind me that I do not have to be afraid. For even though trying times come, You will see me through them. ... You have said that if I do indeed make You my God, even the Most High my dwelling place, that no real evil can defeat me! You have said that if I truly love You, that I may call upon Your name, and that You will answer! ... Oh Lord, in the New Year ahead, help me to give You honor and praise daily, and to be the means by which others may come to know You. And help me to be as faithful to You in my commitments as Your have promised to be to me.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Listening To God”

Father, we want to be still and listen to Your still small voice, whether You’re speaking directly to our spirit or speaking to us through Your holy Word. At times You speak to us through song, through nature, through other believers and through the unfolding of major and minor events in our lives. As You speak to us, we want to be careful and listen to Your voice so that we do not harden our hearts. Instead we want You to fulfill in us all Your purposes for our growth and for Your glory. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins. Isaiah 40:1-2, NIV

Lord our God, how great is your love, and how great is your help! May each one of us feel sheltered in your hand, knowing that our faults and shortcomings no longer matter. We can go straight toward the goal you have set, for you will help us through the forgiveness of sins and through all the good you can put into our hearts. And so we ask you to be with us. May we be faithful, believing firmly in your great mercy, so that your name may be glorified among us. May each heart be given the comfort of knowing that everything will yet turn to the good, to the glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Father, I am grateful that You have left us the Bible with all of its wisdom and knowledge so that we do not get lost in this life or overwhelmed by the problems that we face. I do thank you that for every problem we face, You will help me find the answer and overcome in the situation. Help me not only be able to overcome my problems, but also Lord, help me to maintain the proper heart attitude as I work on the situations in my life that need changing. I know that I must react to my problems with Your love and in a way that is pleasing to You. Give me the grace to do that, as in my own strength I am not able to approach many of my problems with a godly attitude. In Jesus name, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: