View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 12

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, you make me glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son my Lord: Give me the peace to worship you with my whole heart and mind, forgetting the cares of the world, and dwelling with you for a short moment with my entire being. And give me this day such blessing through my worship of you, that the week to come may be spent in living knowledge of your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to Inspire Others

Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today and throughout the coming week. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.

Lord, show me how to live this week with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, teach me to walk by faith and not by sight. Thank you for giving me the faith to believe that you exist and that you are a rewarder of those who seek you. Father, you said, “Seek my face.” My heart says, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.” Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies who speak contrary to your word, which is Truth. Walking in the light I have true fellowship with you and with others. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin. I pray in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord Jesus, how do You love me? Let me count the ways -- enough to bless me, to always be with me, to heal my wounds, to strengthen me, to give Your life for me! ... How do I love You? Enough to praise You in all things, to be obedient, to serve You? Enough to commit my life to You? ... Oh Lord, help me to love You enough to never count the cost. ... You didn't.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, cause me to be critical of my life, that I may not be deceived in myself. Help me to look into my soul and see what thou dost find there; and with humility may I acknowledge what I am to thee, and seek thy wisdom and love. Amen.

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, you let us see and feel your great goodness toward us. Grant us the inner help to be victorious in the Savior, rejoicing to be by his side with faith and loyalty, and with the strength of soul that frees us from all burdens by laying them in your hands. Hear us as together we pray to you. All we ask and long for, all our concerns down to the very smallest, we lay in your hands in the one great request that your name be glorified on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: