View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I give you a million thanks that I have woken up alive this morning, once again to witness the magnificence, the glory of your creation. Even on the dreariest of days, when the weather doesn't suit me, let me rejoice in the taste of heaven you give us on earth. For the hottest, muggiest day; the coldest and most bitter weather; the clouds, the rain, the wind and snow, the lightning and thunder — these are all your creations, oh Lord, and all of them have a great beauty if I just take the time to see it.

Should I be blind, what would I give to see the cloudy rainy day that I complain about? Should I be deaf, how much I would long to hear your thunder! When I lie dying, how sweet it will seem to have been bundled up against a chill wind, or to be soaked in sweat as I work in the heat and humidity.

Let me be always filled with gratitude for the world you have given me, great God, Father and creator of all that is. Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute and remember how we take for granted the good world we live in.]

To Know God's Word

Heavenly Lord, I pray to be able to read the Bible and learn your truth. Give me the spirit of understanding and wisdom, for you know how difficult it can be sometimes. Let me understand and absorb the words in your Bible, dear God, and let me see beyond the words on the page and know your true and full Word, Jesus Christ. Let me not be impatient; let my vision not be distorted by my bias, or my preconceptions, or my foolishness, or the foolishness of the world around me. Give me the courage to change my mind, when that is necessary. Let me know you as you intend for me to know you, I pray, O God; let me find my way to you, for I crave to know you and be with you, now and for all of my life, Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly before the Throne of Grace to receive mercy and find grace to help in my time of need. I use the spiritual tools you have given me to pull down every imagination that exalts itself above your word, which is Truth. I ask you to forgive me for my grumbling and complaining; please forgive me for the evil thoughts of my heart. Dread has been my companion, and I hate having to work. LORD, I would rather be at home to take care of my child/children. I ask you to expose the origin of my hurt and bring restoration to soul. I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind. Today I make the choice to be thankful and excited about the thoughts and plans you have for me…I receive and declare that I am living in peace and thank you for giving me hope in the final outcome of this day in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I want to try my wings! I want to fly free! Help me to see that only by committing my life to You can I really be free - free from worry, free from wanting to sin, free from yielding to temptation. Only with Your help, Lord, will I ever be truly free - free to trust everything to You, free to serve, free to become all that You want me to be, free to be joyful! ... I want to try my wings, I want to fly free. ... Help me, Lord.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord our God, may the playing and the watching of sport remind me of the qualities I need for living: developing skills and talents, appreciating the different skills that others have, learning to co-operate with others, being positive, having respect for others, being determined and committed, having a clear goal at which to aim. Inspire me to work hard at developing these qualities in daily life so that each of us - working together - may help to build up your Kingdom. Amen.

Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, give us childlike hearts so that we may understand everything in the right way. Grant us work that bears fruit in spite of our faults and weaknesses, because we want to work with the understanding given by love. Father in heaven, you know that we are faced day and night with many difficulties and setbacks. But you see us, and you will help us so that your name may be honored, your kingdom may come, and your will may be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Father, I come to You in Jesus' name, desiring Your wisdom and knowledge. I want to walk in such a way that I can be kind to those who speak against me, truly seeking their good. I know that without the Holy Spirit I cannot do this; so please fill me with Your Spirit today. Let me be kind; change my heart from being argumentative and defensive. Help me to speak the truth in love, remembering that You will defend me. When I see the faults of others, help me to examine my own heart and motives. Please deliver us from those things that are not pleasing to You. I choose to be a peacemaker, not a troublemaker. I trust You to change whatever is in me and in those around me, which would cause us to engage in unkind speaking. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Enriching Words”

Father, we find those who speak into our lives words of encouragement and blessing further motivate us to stay on course and dispense the same kind of message to others. Whether in conversation by way of counsel, comfort, affirmation or on occasion, admonition. Harsh, cutting words abound and cut us like a knife, but when people give us a message in love and grace, it appears as an apple of gold – the best there is to offer. It ministers to the responsive heart and thereby edifies and builds us up in the body of Christ. May our words build and not destroy, bring joy and not pain, help rather than hurt, in keeping with Scripture that it might benefit others. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: