View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 02:58 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, May 11, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

I'm delighted that the future is unsure. That's the way it should be.
—William Sloane Coffin

Some of life's richest moments are the most unexpected: the old friend met by chance, or the new one discovered when neither of us were really looking; the toy at the bottom of the toy box, rediscovered and loved anew; the book, the flower, the shaft of light we were in the right place at the right time to notice and embrace.

It is important to dream and plan, to work toward goals, to mark the milestones we pass on life's journey. No less important, though, is to open ourselves to the unexpected joys awaiting us every day.

Am I ready, today, to expect the unexpected?
This reminds me of the many times I have asked myself, "Why me!" Why not me? What makes me different? Do we ask ourselves this when good things come? Why do we think we are the only one? Are we being judgmental and think we are exempt from life? Do we thing that because we are loved by God that we free from sad, sorrow, pain and hurt? He sees us through it, but life does happen. When we put expectations on the day, we make ourselves more vulnerable to pain. What I put out, I get back. So if I go around with negative thoughts, they will often come back in kind.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote