View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, September 9, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

A terrace nine stories high begins with a pile of earth.
—Lao-tzu

Imagine yourself with a pile of dirt in front of you and building plans for a one-story structure. It would be easy to think, "Oh, this is impossible - it will never get done."

But the architect hires people to help. A foundation is built, and then the frame. From there, step-by-step, the rest is filled in. We have all watched a building take shape and become a finished product.

Building plans are like the goals we all have. We want to be a better person or friend, a better artist or athlete. Reaching a goal is like putting up a building. Once we have a goal, we need a strong foundation to support us. All of us need the help of others to reach our goals.

What small step can I take toward a goal today?
The only thing I built was a sand castle and a snow fort. But I did build upon an idea and a concept, brought others into the idea and went on from there. I was very good at getting the idea, involving others, but wasn't good for being there for the long haul, I would delegate, and then move onto new ideas and concepts. Always looking for that new thing, to help start something a new, most times a leader, seldom a follower, but for the most part a team player.

My goal today is to go back to bed, put my ear plugs in to block out the noise of the guy taking out my tub, so I can run away from home for my 1 p.m. appointment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote