View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

As I said, "I can't identify with marijuana, but I did do substitution and that kept me addicted and sick for a long time. I made up my mind at 41 to quit drinking, I ended up using pills and in the end I was using both and through the Grace of God, I lived to make it through the doors at 49. As they say, the substance is but a symptom of our disease. I had to get to the root of my issues and allow myself to heal. The problem was and has always been me. I had to get out of my own way, and allow my God to work through me. I have five types of arthritis, plus other various labels. I had to learn to accept them, and it has been through prayer and meditation, that I have been able to work through the pain. I too am on medication as prescribed by my doctor. I don't abuse it or misuse it. I am prescribed and allowed much more than I take, but like you, I don't want to go back to that bondage of active addiction. It was so important to get a doctor that I could communicate with and someone who understood the disease of addiction. I got AA and Al-Anon pamphlets and gave them to him for his office.

Continued prayers.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote