Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #467
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my holiday gifts from my CSS worker. A throw blanket with owls, a brooch with an owl, pj's that have to be exchanged for the right size with an owl print, an owl ornament in milk glass, and my personal favorite a calendar with butterflies.
Grateful that I got my first meal from Meals on Wheels. It is ironic that this person who doesn't feel like cooking use to be a kitchen conveynor for banquets at the Royal Canadian Legion.
Grateful for Christmas music. Have heard Silver Bells twice since I turned to the station.
Grateful that my son painted the entrance to my apartment and washed and tidied my kitchen cupboards and pantry.
Grateful that Christmas is close. Christmas Eve hope to go to Courage to Change to support newcomer and those who have a hard time at Christmas.
Hope to go on New Years Eve too, although I am invited to a free New Year's party.
Grateful for my sobriety. Sobriety is something I have to work on daily. Sobriety is emotional sobriety as well as physical, mental and spiritual recovery.
Grateful for the 12 Step Program. It gave me a new life. I didn't think I would make it to 40, let alone 75.
Grateful that each day is a new beginning.
Grateful for the season and the reason we celebrate.
Grateful that my feet haven't been swollen for 7 days. I have woken up each day and looked at them to see if they are still with me.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me. God Bless.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote