View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

Character Building Part 05 - Understanding Who You Are!

by Gail Rodgers
It’s important to accept what God says about who we are. All too often we live with feelings of deep inadequacy. We may regret the past or fear the future. In life’s crazy schedule it’s easy to forget to schedule in time with our Lord and to ask ourselves, “Am I growing or eroding in who I am becoming?”

A wise woman grows in understanding who she is…
A woman who knows how God sees her is confident in her identity. She knows God made her just the way she is and for specific tasks. She does not compare the inside of herself with the outside of another woman.
She makes the effort to grow in her knowledge of the truth of what God says about her. A woman who understands who she is in God’s sight knows she is:
  • Accepted (Ephesians 1:5)
  • Secure (Philippians 1:6)
  • Significant (John 15:16)
Her identity is not bound up in what she has, how she looks or what she wears. Her identity is secured in who she is as a beloved child of God.
“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
Read Psalm 139 and ask God to fill your heart with the knowledge of just how treasured you are to Him. Ask Him to help you grow in your understanding of who you really are!
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Sometimes it’s hard for me to think of myself as a piece of Your artwork… created to be just who I am. Help me to embrace the knowledge of who You say I am! I know all too well the weaknesses in me. I invite You to use these very things that I dislike in me to be the entry point of Your strength and power in my Iife. I know You have things for me to do that go beyond this “to do” list of mine. Help me to be ready to give a kind word or a hug to someone today. Show me who You want to touch through me. Help me to live as an accepted, secure and significant child of the Almighty God today by the power of Your Holy Spirit.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: