View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This is a living program, each day is a new beginning. What I did yesterday, a week ago, a year ago, doesn't keep me sober in today. It gives me a perception as to what I need to do in today, I can learn from my past, either continue doing what worked or continue acting out in my disease. It is my choice.

That is why I like the Serenity Prayer. I found I couldn't wear it out. It was applicable to all areas of my life.

For me, it was an all day, every day thing and I was glad I couldn't wear it out.

At first, all I can do was say the words. They didn't have much meaning and yet taking the time to say it, gave me that time out that I needed to make a healthy decision instead of reacting or opening my mouth when it was best left closed.

The major dilemma I had was figuring out "the wisdom to know the difference." That took a while and lots and lots of practice.

Often there were occasions that I thought what would have happened if I hadn't stopped to say it. I often shutter just to think about it! In today, I always try to follow it up with the Third and Seven Prayers too. If you look in the AA Big Book (Page 76), the Amen comes after the Seventh Step Prayer.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote